Wednesday, 21 November 2007

Just hanging out with the dolls

Not so much to report today, but the girls enjoyed playing with their dolls. As I type, the Mouse and Terrier900 are tucked up in bed, while on the landing, five American Girl dolls are holding some kind of campsite sleepover - must remember not to trip over them on my way to bed!

TR has mainly divided his time between eating Dr X's mighty fine pumpkin bread, and falling over.

This evening, Terrier900 held a 'spa party', for girls only. While Mr Ruby, Dr P and TR look their usual dishevelled selves, the female members of our party are immaculately coiffed and manicured. Mind you, the men have had to endure England's crushing 3-2 defeat at the hands of the Croatian soccer team.

Up until now, I have failed to give you a weather report but I am happy to tell you that, as of this evening, we have snow!!!!!! Not much, admittedly, but it's a start.

Terrier900 reads the Mouse a bedtime story.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Sounds like fun Mrs.Ruby....what a disaster that footie match was :o(
Great news on the weather report...have a really lovely Thanksgiving & have fun in the snow!!...*pic's of snowman please*...lol

Anonymous said...

Wow American girls are really something. I know a child in Meeting who has a few and they sure are big with her. Football-oh dear. I tried to cheer up Mr Macgregor regarding the lack of interest next summer by reminding him that he is proposing to get married, to which his response was "Yes, I suppose that will be a consolation prize" Hope Thanksgiving is a wonderful occasion. No snow here in the fens. x

Wise-egg said...

Hooray for snow. It is dull in old Blighty though the sun appeared briefly but then thought 'It's November, what am I doing?' and went away. Mr Wise-Egg (aka Dr Termite) watched the footie on a tiny portable TV while lying in bed suffering from labyrinthitis. I told him keeping minotaurs as pets was a bad idea but he wouldn't listen.

American Girls sound scary, but then most dolls are to me for which I blame David Bowie and his Laughing Gnome video which freaked me out then and probably would do now.

Hope the pumpkin pie was amazing.

Doctor Tennant ♥ said...

Please post some snowy pictures!.... hope you had a great thanksgiving. Keep us up to date with the weather.... i like to know what we're missing... if your wondering what it's like here.... cold.... rainy.... sun doesn't decide to come up very much.... usual English weather! xx

ljop said...

OMG! Am very relieved I have boys!!That sounds like a very scary place!!
Though obviously very pleased that you all had such a wonderful time :-}
Am lovin your bloggin though dh has made comments on how deeply sad it is
that I'm getting so much enjoyment out of someone else's holiday. I suppose
he has a point, I really should get out more!!
Hugs ljop xx