Friday, 30 November 2007

Door County to Kenosha

This morning we drove around the Peninsula State Park. We ventured out of the car once, to have a look at Eagle Bluff lighthouse, but it was a bit of a sprint round and a grimace for the obligatory photo:

Oh my - my back is frozen to the brickwork!

Mr Ruby expressed a wish to get out at Eagle Tower, in order to climb to the top, but I forbade it. I'm still feeling guilty about the icecapades.

We stopped once more for lunch at Al Johnson's. The Mouse was delighted with this, as they serve fried eggs. Then we said goodbye to Door County and headed south. Quite a long way south, as it happened, as we made it all the way to Kenosha. Sounds like a slightly chav girl's name, I know, but it's actually a town in southern Wisconsin. Here we stayed in the Day's Inn, which was less your luxury suite and more your scrunty old motel room. Still, even us Rubettes can't live the high-life all the time.

I've decided I like Wisconsin. I've even been practicing my accent: Wis-KHAN-sin. I guess I feel a little bit of a sentimental attachment to the place, as it is, after all, the setting for the very first 'little house' book: Little House in the Big Woods. I did suggest to Mr Ruby that we move there, especially once I learned that we could afford a house with a big ol' kitchen here. However, Mr Ruby reasonably reminded me that he has a job in the UK and not one in Wisconsin. Ever the realist! ;-)

2 comments:

Debbie said...

"I did suggest to Mr Ruby that we move there, especially once I learned that we could afford a house with a big ol' kitchen here. However, Mr Ruby reasonably reminded me that he has a job in the UK and not one in Wisconsin. Ever the realist! ;-)"

....and his sister would never forgive him :o(
Glad you had a great time....sounds chilly...bbbrrrr!

Wise-egg said...

The wise-eggs would never forgive you either.