Oh my - I am walking like John Wayne. Horse riding...ouch.
We had kind of a catch-up day today. The Mouse enjoyed wearing Terrier900's old Snow White costume. She loves all things princess. Red Specs Gal will be pleased to hear that I took a trip into Grayslake and visited 'Purple Moon', which is a beading shop. I didn't buy anything, but I did succumb to the overwhelming urge to stir the beads. I also visited 'Shoo-Fly Quilts' and didn't buy anything there either. I would have liked to though!
This evening we all went into Grayslake for supper at the Last Chance Saloon. The Mouse was very pleased to be eating 'in a real cowboy pub!' Mr Ruby and I had the house specials - he had the ribs and I had a steak - while the Mouse enjoyed spaghetti bolognese. TR just sampled a selection of mine and the Mouse's dinners and washed it down with two pots of Gerber applesauce. I think TR is hoping to survive the entire two weeks on Cheerios, Dr X's pumpkin bread, blueberries and applesauce.
My steak was very good, although I felt rather un-British when I had to recall the waiter and ask him to take him back and cook it a little longer. I ordered the steak described as 'gray, with a thin pink line running through the middle,' but I now realise I should have asked them to cook it to a crisp. The steak that originally showed up was still sporting a bell and munching on grass, I think. I keep telling myself that it is OK to complain here, but it still doesn't feel right! :-)
Speaking of food, the Mouse's soya-free diet has a proved a challenge here. On the plus-side, food labelling regulations are really tight here, so you can tell at a glance if something contains soya. On the downside, it's in everything! Well, almost.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds like your all having a great time...thanks for the up-dates Mrs.Ruby. I laughed out loud at the steak comments...great photos too ;o)
Glad you are still enjoying yourselves, The Thanksgiving dinner looked very good, compliments to the chef's. TR seemed to enjoy it to.I'm still waiting for a picture of a bigger snowman, I had to put on my spec's to see the small one, take care.
Have a good time in Wisconsin, my geography fails me; what is the state capital or should that be capitol.
I liked the steak description I just had a tuna steak that looked like it could easily have swum away.
Keep up the news, I am back safely from Providenciales in TCI. No snow but lovely laying on the beach. Hard work i know but someone has to do it!
aww...........poor mouse, aleast you can tell if it does contain soya or not.... I love the Last chance saloon so much, everytime i go there i have a hot-dog or something along those lines... *dreams or american hot dog* mmm......
Post a Comment