This must be just about the Mouse's favourite word. Just in case you were asking it too, here are some questions and answers for you.
Why is your blog called 'Let's hope it snows'?
Well, for starters, snow is my favourite and my best. I mean - what's not to like about it? - and we get precious little of it, here in the sunny southern climes of the UK. Last time we went to America it snowed, right on Thanksgiving. This time we're all full of hope for a repeat performance. The Mouse is particularly keen on snow.
Why have you given your family such silly names? They're not your real names, right?
How very observant of you! Indeed, they are not our real names. Ruby is my user name in an online forum and I'm married to Mr Ruby so logically... The Mouse happened to look uncannily like a mouse when she was new-born and TR...well, to cut a long story short, it was his nickname when he was still a 'bump'. His dad and uncle (with whom we are going to spend the next two weeks) are big fans of Triumph sports cars, so his nickname is partly in homage to that.
Why are you bothering to record the tedium of your daily life?
Oh, come, come now - you don't mean that... do you? Well, I'm hardly the first to do so, am I? Normally, when we go on holiday I write a travel journal. Writing a blog seemed like the next logical step. Mr Ruby would like to point out that I never finish my travel journals, so you can expect this one to fizzle out after a few days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
May I point out that you are named after a guinea pig? How did the flight go? Did TR race and the Mouse scamper around the plane? I hope they - and you and Mr Ruby - were well entertained and that you enjoy plenty of snow and some reasonably undisturbed nights!
love Wise-egg (name to cover all the family)
Run Forest Run
Hi dudes have fun in the windy city, I will look out for all your blogs whilst i am sunning myself in Grand Turk; most probably i will not see much snow but then hey Snow and speedo's thats wierd.
The Gramp
Hi everyone....Mr.Ruby's sister here. Hope you all have a great time....looking forward to your holiday comments Mrs.Ruby & I hope Mouse & TR enjoy it too....((hugs))XX
Hello the Rubys. Mrs Macgregor of the Fens here. I have been advised to look at this blog, but you are clearly having far too much fun to compose an entry at the moment.....or getting over jet lag? Looking forward to hearing more of the adventures of the ruby family. Did TR have guinea pig milk on take off and landing?
Love Mrs Macgregor in the fenland cabbabge patch. Get that rabbit!!
Post a Comment